- Montessori schools follow the educational philosophy and methods of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Based on extensive observations, Montessori schools utilize specifically designed learning materials and follow a unique curriculum tied to the developmental level of children.
- Our curriculum is guided by the two leading organizations in Montessori education: the American Montessori Association (AMS) and Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).
Teachers are specialists in each developmental level, and guides to the Montessori curriculum.
- An important cornerstone of the Montessori method is that children learn best when actively engaged in their education, and not by being passive recipients of information.
- We encourage children to take ownership of their own learning, and to become caring community members- not only in their classrooms, but also in the larger social world.
- Classrooms and curriculum are designed to provide the optimal learning environment for children grouped by 3-year spans. This allows children to receive lessons at their level of development and skill, and to not be constrained by the performance of others. Leadership opportunities emerge naturally in this context.